I have been waiting to write and ask for your prayers until we had more information. Last Friday I received news that I had a large blood clot in my groin. The risk with a blood clot is that it can get loose and cause a pulmonary embolism, which can be fatal. I found this clot after my left leg started swelling and turning purple. I lost the ability to walk on my leg and then finally went to see a doctor.
Being almost 7 months pregnant, there is not a ton of treatment they can give you for a blood clot. They cannot do surgery to remove it and they are limited on what medications they can give you to help dissolve it. I was admitted to the hospital on Friday and am still here today. I am crossing my fingers and hoping to go home tomorrow. I have been on multiple doses of Heparin which is an anti-coagulant drug that thins your blood. We are still waiting to be thinned, but in the meantime I am really writing to ask for prayer.
Max and I need prayer in the following areas:
1) Pray that the blood clot is contained and does not travel to my heart or lungs.
2) Pray that Baby Whax is safe and his health is not compromised through this.
3) Pray that the Lord would remove the fear that is in our hearts and give us a peace that surpasses all understanding.
4) Pray that the clot will eventually dissolve
5) Pray for wisdom for my doctors
6) Pray for a healthy delivery of our precious baby in 12 weeks.
I know that is alot to ask you to pray for, but we would covet any and all of your prayers. The hardest part about all of this is that there is nothing I did to provoke this and nothing I can do to eliminate it. When we leave the hospital, we will leave knowing that we have a blood clot that could get loose. However, we know and claim that our God is much bigger than this situation and we ask you to join with us in praying too!
I will keep you all posted on our progress. The positive news is that I will not be required to go on bed rest as being stagnat is one of the worst things you can do for a blood clot. Balance is the key... propping your leg when it is swollen and exercising it when you can tolerate the pain.
So far Baby Whax has been reslient and is doing well. We are praying for his continued health and confident in the plans the Lord has for us!
More to come as soon as we have more of an update. I am hoping to start a new treatment tonight that will hopefully allow us to get home tomorrow.
Have a great evening and thanks for your prayers!
- Whitney
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Whitney, praying for you and your baby!!
Love,
K
Whitney and Max please know you three are in our prayers.
Whit - I will be praying for you and that sweet baby! Keep us posted.
Post a Comment