It has been a rough couple of weeks emotionally. Two fridays ago I got a call from my doctor saying she wanted to take the baby at 38-weeks. I don't know why I have had such a hard time with this, but I have. She informed me that I have some pretty significant risks with delivery and she is wanting to try and minimize my risks as much as possible.
I have really battled with feelings of guilt and frustration over the past two weeks. After all, I just wanted to carry my baby all the way to 40 weeks + and to not be able to do that for him has been devestating! I am still in negotiations with my doctor to see how long into my 38th week she will let me go. More to come on this.
As for some positive news, the baby weighs 5 pounds and is looking great! He is very healthy and the sonogram yesterday showed he is growing normally and has a big head (thanks dad!!). I am waiting on my curtains and then to put some finishing touches on the nursery and then I will do our final nursery diaries post.
In other great news, Jake, my brother-in-law, is back from Afghanistan! My sister had a video made of his fly-in and homecoming and as soon as I get it I will post for you all! McCall is so glad to see her daddy and we are all so relieved he is home! Welcome home, brother!
Hope you guys have a wonderful Friday and I will post more soon!
Friday, August 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Whit - just to offer some encouragement, Miller was born at 38 weeks and everything was perfectly healthy with him! In fact, by the time you get to 38 weeks you may be more ready than you think you are. It gets pretty uncomfortable! Praying for you :)
Post a Comment